Event: The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Indonesia and in other locations worldwide. Travel to and within Indonesia is highly discouraged at this time. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
Effective July 22, 2021, the Government of Indonesia (GOI) strengthened restrictions for foreign nationals traveling to, from, or within Indonesia. For the full range of restrictions, please visit the GOI’s COVID-19 task force page.
Updated restrictions for international travelers include the following:
- Foreign nationals will be denied entry to Indonesia during the national lockdown (emergency PPKM). Exceptions are limited to:
- Holders of Diplomatic and Official visas
- Holders of Diplomatic and Residence permits
- Holders of Temporary Stay Permits (ITAS) and Permanent Stay Permits (ITAP)
- Foreign nationals granted entry for medical and humanitarian purposes
- Flight and sea crew members in their official capacity
- E-Visas holders are temporarily restricted from entering Indonesia, until the Emergency PPKM period is ended by the Government of Indonesia and/or otherwise announced.
Updated restrictions for domestic travelers include but are not limited to the following:
- All domestic travelers must show a record of vaccination and PCR test on the newly created ”PeduliLindungi” application.
- COVID-19 vaccination records with the Ministry of Health (MOH) will be automatically linked to the new application; at present there is no accommodation for vaccination certificates from abroad though officials may continue to use the previous manual verification system.
Please note, as with similar regulations in the past, these rules are evolving, are subject to change, and are subject to varying interpretation by authorities. We will do our best to provide updates in a timely manner.
Actions to Take:
- Review the Indonesian Government Circular (in Indonesian).
- See the State Department’s Level 3 Travel Advisory for Indonesia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Twitter and Facebook.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or+62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.