Alert: COVID-19 Update 2020 Holiday Travel Information U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia, December 23, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy Jakarta continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Indonesia and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
Effective December 22, 2020, the Government of Indonesia is requiring travelers to obtain a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result taken within three days prior to their arrival. Domestic travel restrictions and social distancing measures remain in place for most locations. Until January 8, 2021, domestic travelers to, from, or within the island of Java will need a negative COVID-19 (antigen) test result conducted no more than three days before their departure. Until January 8, 2021, domestic travelers to Bali will need a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test result conducted no more than seven days before their departure. These regulations are subject to further revisions and/or extensions on short notice. Contact your travel provider or check the Garuda Indonesia website for up-to-date details, including for entry requirements to other provinces.
Actions to Take:
- Review the Indonesian Government Circular (in Indonesian).
- See the State Department’s Level 3 Travel Advisory for Indonesia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Twitter and Facebook.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or+62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.