Alert: COVID-19 Update 2020 Holiday Travel Information U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia, December 25, 2020
Event: The U.S. Embassy Jakarta continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Indonesia and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
Effective December 24, 2020, the Government of Indonesia is requiring international travelers to quarantine at their own expense at a government designated hotel for five days after arrival. Travelers will then be required to take a mandatory COVID-19 (PCR) and have a negative result before proceeding to their destination. These regulations will remain in effect until January 8, 2021 and are subject to further revisions and/or extensions on short notice. Contact your travel provider or check the Garuda Indonesia website for up-to-date details, including for entry requirements to other provinces.
Actions to Take:
- Review the Indonesian Government Circular (in Indonesian).
- See the State Department’s Level 3 Travel Advisory for Indonesia.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Twitter and Facebook.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or+62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.