Location: Indonesia — Countrywide
Event: Alert: COVID-19 Update 2021 Indonesian Travel Restrictions, U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia (29 November 2021)
The Government of Indonesia has announced new travel restrictions in response to the discovery of the new “Omicron” variant of COVID-19:
- Foreign nationals will not be allowed entry to Indonesia if they have had any transit or stay in the following locations within the previous 14 days: South Africa, Botswana, Hong Kong, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, or Lesotho.
- Mandatory hotel quarantine is now 7 x 24 hours for all international travelers, with the entire cost borne independently by the traveler. RT-PCR tests will be conducted upon arrival in the Republic of Indonesia and upon completion of the 6th 24-hour period of the mandatory quarantine period.
- These new restrictions took effect 29 November 2021.
The regulations to date are limited to international travel and will be re-adjusted according to global health developments. The Government of Indonesia is also reviewing policies connected with domestic travel. All travelers should regularly consult with their airline or travel provider for up-to-date details.
Travelers are reminded that, in addition to the new restrictions discussed above, foreign nationals entering Indonesia are still required to: a) demonstrate full vaccination status; b) demonstrate a negative Covid-19 result from a sample taken within 72-hours of initial departure; c) comply with hotel quarantine; and d) show proof of health or travel insurance which includes provisions for quarantine and treatment if exposed to COVID-19. Please consult the Embassy’s Covid-19 page for additional details.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for the latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information pages for updated information on COVID-19 related to the availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for our Travel to the U.S. FAQs.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
- +62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
- +62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.