Alert – U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia, April 7, 2020
Event: Alert: Information on the Economic Impact Payment, U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
Coronavirus Tax Relief:
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) is taking steps to help American taxpayers during the global COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit the IRS website to learn more about coronavirus tax relief, the extension of the tax filing deadline, and the economic impact payment.
IRS warns about COVID-19 related scams:
The Internal Revenue Service today urged taxpayers to be on the lookout for a surge of calls and email phishing attempts about the Coronavirus, or COVID-19. These contacts can lead to tax-related fraud and identity theft. Taxpayers should watch not only for emails but text messages, websites and social media attempts that request money or personal information. The IRS will not contact taxpayers directly regarding the economic impact payment and will never ask for personal information over the phone or email. For more information, please see the IRS website here.
Actions to Take:
- Visit www.irs.gov for more information regarding coronavirus tax relief
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage for information on conditions in Indonesia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook andTwitter
- Indonesia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security update
Click here to unsubscribe to these messages