Alert – U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia, July 23, 2020
Event: As of July 22, 2020, the U.S. Department of State has lifted the ordered departure of employee family members under the age of 21 from Embassy Jakarta, the U.S. Mission to ASEAN, Consulate General Surabaya and Consulate Medan and some employee family members may now return to post. However, the Level 4 travel advisory “do not travel” remains in effect for Indonesia, and under the Global Level 4 Health Advisory the U.S. government strongly advises U.S. citizens abroad to arrange for immediate return to the United States.
On March 25, the U.S. Department of State ordered the departure of employee family members under the age of 21 from U.S. diplomatic posts in Indonesia.
We strongly encourage U.S. citizens, whenever they travel abroad, to enroll their travel plans through STEP, the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program: https://step.state.gov/step/.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airline regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or travel restrictions.
- Consult the CDC (www.cdc.gov) for the most up-to-date health information on the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Visit the State Department (www.travel.state.gov) for COVID-19 traveler information.
- Consult our Embassy (https://id.usembassy.gov/) for information on conditions in Indonesia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security (www.dhs.gov) for the latest on travel restrictions to the United States.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms), or if you were exposed to someone who may have had COVID-19.
Contacts for Emergency Assistance:
U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia
U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
For regular updates, follow the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta on Twitter (https://twitter.com/usembassyjkt) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/usembassyjkt/).
U.S. Department of State – Bureau of Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Click here to unsubscribe to these messages.