Location: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following locations in Surabaya:
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya; Jalan Citra Raya, No. 2
- Disnakertransduk Jatim (East Java Office of Labor and Transmigration); Jalan Dukuk Menanggal, No. 124-126
- East Java Governor’s Office; Jalan Pahlawan, No. 110
Event: Members of various labor organizations have scheduled demonstrations on Monday, June 4, 2018, starting at approximately 08:00 a.m. near the East Java Office of Labor and Transmigration and proceeding to other locations in Surabaya, to include the U.S. Consulate General, to protest against recent worker furloughs at mines in Papua operated by U.S.-owned mining company, Freeport-McMoRan. Demonstrations may continue until 5:00 p.m.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62 31-297-5300; after-hours: +62 81-133-4183
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
+62-213435-9055/9054; after-hours: +62-213435-9000 then press 0
- U.S. State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444