Location: U.S. Consulate Surabaya
Event: There is a demonstration scheduled proximate to the U.S. Consulate Surabaya on Tuesday, November 7, 2023 beginning at 10:00 am. Officials anticipate more than 1,000 protesters to attend. Protest activity may result in enhanced police presence, road closures, and traffic disruptions. Out of an abundance of caution, Consulate employees are being requested to work from home and public services are cancelled. U.S. citizens are encouraged to avoid the area around the Consulate during this event.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas around protests and demonstrations.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Become familiar with alternate routes to common destinations and plan to avoid traffic disruptions.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive information and alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency overseas.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter and visit travel.state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates