TechGirls 2024 is now open for applications!
TechGirls is an initiative of the United States Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, and administered by Legacy International in partnership with Virginia Tech. The program connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams. In 2024, the program will support 111 young women from 37 participating countries/territories and 13+ U.S. peers in a dynamic four-week U.S.-based experience with a seven-month mentoring program (including pre-and post-exchange).
TechGirls takes place in the USA from July 13 to August 5*, 2024 followed by community-based project(s) in your home community.
*Plans subject to change to ensure the safety and health of participants and staff.
- Are a girl between the ages of 15-17 (otherwise born on/between July 13, 2006, and July 13, 2009).
- Are citizens of one of the eligible countries/territories and living in that country/territory at time of exchange: Albania, Algeria, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Ecuador, Egypt, Fiji, Greece, Indonesia, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Kosovo, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Panama, Peru, Rwanda, South Africa, Suriname, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Türkiye, Turkmenistan, United States, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, and Zambia.
- Have demonstrated interest in STEM fields and intend to pursue higher education or career in technology.
- Are committed to completing a follow-on project.
- Have at least one semester of secondary school remaining after the program.
Apply to become a TechGirl to learn technology and leadership skills through an intensive three-week exchange program in the United States in summer 2024!
Please go to https://techgirlsglobal.org/ to apply for the TechGirls 2024 Program.
Application Deadline: December 8, 2023, at 12:00 PM (noon) ET