The U.S. Embassy Jakarta is seeking active university students in Indonesia to join our internship program at the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya and Medan, and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN in Jakarta.
This opportunity is available for Indonesian students who are in their 5th semester in any Indonesian university and have a minimum GPA 2.75. Please note that while English proficiency isn’t required, it is preferred.
Opportunities are open for all degree programs. However, please note that some vacancies may require specific knowledge or specific educational background. This internship program is an integral part of the United States – Indonesia partnership that strengthens the bond between these two nations.
The internship program is from June 13, 2022 through August 19, 2022.
This is an unpaid program; no compensation and benefits are offered.
2022 Foreign National Student Intern Program (FNSIP) Process Timeline.
Please be informed that the timeline might changes due to the circumstances.
- Vacancy Announcement: January 24 – February 18, 2022.
- U.S. Embassy reviews applications: February 22 – March 11, 2022.
- Interviews for selected applicant(s): March 14 – 31, 2022.
- Conditional Offers (only for successful candidate(s)): April 4 – 8, 2022 (by email).
- Clearance process: April 11 – May 31, 2022.
- Formal Offers: June 1– 3, 2022 (by email).
- Internship First Day: June 13, 2022.
- Internship Last Day: August 19, 2022.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to contact applicants who are being considered.
The deadline to submit application for FNSIP was closed on Friday, February 18, 2022. Selected applicants will be contacted by our recruitment team.