The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta informs U.S. citizens of potential security threats at popular tourist beaches on Lombok, such as Senggigi Beach, surrounding the New Year’s celebrations.
As stated in the latest Worldwide Travel Alert, U.S. citizens should exercise vigilance when in public places and using transportation, and avoid large crowds and crowded places. The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta advises U.S. citizens to review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security. The U.S. Embassy urges all U.S. citizens to exercise particular caution at holiday festivals or events that do not have a visible security presence.
For further information about security in Indonesia:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Indonesia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya, located at Jl. Citra Raya Niaga No. 2, Surabaya, at +62 31-297-5300, 07:30 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +62 81-133-4183. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can also be reached by e-mail at SurabayaACS@state.gov.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Indonesia, located at 5 Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan, Jakarta, at +62-21 3435-9055/9054, 07:30 a.m. to 04:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +62-21 3435 9000, then press 0 for the operator. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Embassy can also be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).