Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China.
On March 2, 2020, the Indonesian Ministry of Health announced two (2) confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the greater Jakarta area.
The Indonesian Ministry of Health has set up an information hotline regarding the potential for COVID-19 in Indonesia. Details about the information hotline are available on its website and by calling +62 21-5210411 or +62 82 1212 3119.
The government of Indonesia has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travel restrictions could be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Travelers who have visited China, Iran, and parts of Italy and South Korea in the last 14 days will be refused entry. Visit the website of Indonesian Immigration for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage for information on conditions in Indonesia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Indonesia Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.