Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout Indonesia.
The government of Indonesia has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travel restrictions could be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit Indonesian Immigration’s website for additional information about current travel restrictions and quarantine measures.
The Department of State has advised U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. Please visit Travel.State.Gov for more information.
The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, Consulate General in Surabaya, and Consular Agency in Bali have implemented social distancing measures but remain open for Consular Services. If you require Consular Services but are unwell or believe that you may have been exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19, please call instead of coming in person.
Visitors can expect that local governments may begin to close public places and schools, cancel large gatherings, and limit mass transport. Indonesia’s health system has limited capacity to test for the virus causing COVID-19 and to manage treatment of persons with severe COVID-19. The Indonesian Ministry of Health has set up a COVID-19 information hotline at +62-21-5210411 or +62-82-1212119.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Indonesia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
- U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
+62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
+62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.