As the government of Indonesia continues to gradually open its borders and airports and invite more foreign tourism, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Indonesia also welcome back American tourists and other visitors to the many wonderful destinations in Indonesia. We remind all traveling U.S. citizens to check our COVID-19 website to stay informed of travel regulations and entry requirements, which can and do change frequently.
The U.S. Embassy and Consulates take this opportunity to make all U.S. citizens in Indonesia aware of local psychiatric, mental health and suicide prevention resources that are available in Indonesia. We have included suicide prevention resources that are U.S.-based but available to U.S. citizens overseas.
We believe that international travel is one of the greatest experiences in life but know it can also come with unexpected challenges and tragedies. If you or someone you know is suffering from a personal crisis during their travel, please share this information with them and encourage them to contact our offices directly. We are here to help.
Repatriation assistance is available to any U.S. citizen who desires a return to the United States but is encountering challenges which prevent them from doing so. Our goal is to help you return to the U.S. safely and quickly. Please see our Indonesia Travel Information page for general guidance on safety and country conditions, and also see our special information on overseas medical insurance and specific guidance for LGBTQI travelers.
We wish you safe and healthy travels, always.
Our American Citizen Services Team in Indonesia:
- U.S. Embassy Jakarta – JakartaACS@state.gov / +62-21-5083-1000, press 1 for assistance
- U.S. Consulate Surabaya – SurabayaACS@state.gov / +62-31-297-5300
- U.S. Consular Agency Bali – CABali@state.gov / +62-361-233-605
For any after-hours emergencies, please call: +62-(0)21-5083-1000, select 0 to speak with the operator
- For regular updates, follow the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya on Twitter and Facebook and the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta at Twitter and Facebook.
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Indonesia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Click here to unsubscribe to these messages