The Indonesian government has declared a national holiday on Wednesday, February 15 to give Indonesian citizens the opportunity to vote in gubernatorial and other local elections in many areas of the country. Therefore, the Consular Sections at the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta and the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya as well as the Consular Agency in Bali will be closed to the public for routine visa and American citizen services. Emergency services for U.S. citizens will remain available.
Please also note that the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta, the Consulate General in Surabaya, the Consulate in Medan, and the Consular Agency in Bali will also be closed on Monday, February 20 for Washington’s Birthday, also known as Presidents’ Day, a U.S. holiday.
For further information about security in Indonesia:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Indonesia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Jakarta (https://id.usembassy.gov/), located at 5 Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan, Jakarta, at +62-21 3435-9055/9054, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is+62-21 3435 9000, then press 0 for the operator. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Embassy can also be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya (https://id.usembassy.gov/) is located at Jl. Citra Raya Niaga No. 2, Surabaya, at +62 31-297-5300, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +62 81-133-4183. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can also be reached by e-mail at SurabayaACS@state.gov.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).