President Barack Obama today announced the designation of a Presidential Delegation to Jakarta, Indonesia to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Joko Widodo, President-elect of the Republic of Indonesia on October 20, 2014.
The Honorable John F. Kerry, Secretary of State, will lead the delegation.
Members of the Presidential Delegation:
- The Honorable Robert O. Blake, Jr., U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia, Department of State
- The Honorable Daniel R. Russel, Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs
- The Honorable Carolyn Hessler-Radelet, Director of the Peace Corps
- The Honorable Scot Marciel, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs and Former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia
- Mr. Mohamed Abdel-Kader, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Education for International and Foreign Language Education