U.S. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken visited Jakarta, Indonesia on December 13-14, 2021. During this visit, he met with President Jokowi, Coordinating Minister of Maritime and Investments Affairs Luhut Pandjaitan, Minister of Trade Muhammad Lutfi, and signed two MoUs with Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi and one MoU with Minister of Education, Culture, Research and Technology Nadiem Makarim.
In addition, he also gave a speech at the University of Indonesia, and met with young people about how Americans and Indonesians of all ages can work together to build back better from the COVID-19 pandemic. He capped off his visit in Indonesia by meeting with staff and family of the United States Embassy in Jakarta, and offering words of appreciation for the work they have been doing all year long.
This visit reaffirmed the importance of the U.S.-Indonesia Strategic Partnership and ASEAN in securing a free and open Indo-Pacific region.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken and Indonesian Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi Before Their Meeting
- The United States and Indonesia Sign Agreements on Maritime Cooperation, Education, and People-to-People Exchanges
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken at a Press Availability
- Secretary Blinken’s Meeting with Indonesian Coordinating Minister for Maritime and Investment Affairs Pandjaitan and Minister of Trade Lutfi
- A Free and Open Indo-Pacifichttps://id.usembassy.gov/a-free-and-open-indo-pacific/
- Secretary Blinken’s Remarks on a Free and Open Indo-Pacific
- Video: Secretary Blinken’s Remarks on a Free and Open Indo-Pacific
State Dept. YouTube
- Photos: Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken’s visit to Jakarta
Mission Indonesia Flickr
State Dept. Flickr