Location: Indonesia, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, the Indonesian National Police will visibly increase their presence at tourist sites, churches, malls, and other public gathering places. The Embassy advises heightened personal security awareness, particularly in public areas frequented by foreigners during this period.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance especially in crowded streets, shopping areas, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Avoid demonstrations and large gatherings.
- Be vigilant when visiting banks or ATMs.
- Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive jewelry or watches.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- Monitor local media for updates.
For further information:
U.S. Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia
U.S. Consulate General Surabaya, Indonesia
- +62-31-297-5300 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
U.S. Consular Agency in Bali, Indonesia
- +62-361-233-605 or +62-21-5083-1000 after hours
State Department – Consular Affairs