On Monday, June 19, approximately 500 people from the group KUMAIL (Komite Umat Islam Anti Amerika-Israel) are expected to gather at the U.S. Consulate General on Jalan Citra Raya Niaga to protest U.S. Israel policy from 02:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m. The Consulate General expects a large police presence in the area. Afternoon appointments for American Citizen Services will not be scheduled.
The U.S. Consulate would like to remind all U.S. citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. U.S. citizens are also encouraged to monitor media and local information sources and factor updated information into personal travel plans and activities.
For further information about security in Indonesia:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Indonesia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya (https://id.usembassy.gov/) is located at Jl. Citra Raya Niaga No. 2, Surabaya and can be contacted at +62 31-297-5300, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +62 81-133-4183. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can also be reached by e-mail at SurabayaACS@state.gov.
- The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta (https://id.usembassy.gov/) is located at 5 Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan, Jakarta, and can be contacted at +62-21 3435-9055/9054, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is+62-21 3435 9000, then press 0 for the operator. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Embassy can also be reached by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).