On Wednesday, August 2, 2017 the U.S. Consular Agency in Bali will be temporarily closed to the public until 12:00 p.m. due to a planned demonstration at or near the Consular Agency. Routine services and appointments at the Consular Agency will resume in the afternoon. Emergency services for U.S. citizens will remain available all day through the U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya.
The U.S. Consulate General would like to remind all U.S. citizens that demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid areas where demonstrations are taking place and exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information about security in Indonesia:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Indonesia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Surabaya (https://id.usembassy.gov/) is located at Jl. Citra Raya Niaga No. 2, Surabaya and can be contacted at +62 31-297-5300, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +62 81-133-4183. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can also be reached by e-mail at SurabayaACS@state.gov.
- The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta (https://id.usembassy.gov/) is located at 5 Jalan Medan Merdeka Selatan, Jakarta, and can be contacted at +62-21 3435-9055/9054, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is+62-21 3435 9000, then press 0 for the operator. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Embassy can also be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).