Entry to all U.S. government facilities is strictly controlled, similar to that encountered at international airports. Please do not bring the following items:
- Battery operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3’s, floppies, laptop or tablet computers, or portable music players.
- Large, bulky bags, such as travel bags, over the shoulder purses, backpacks, briefcases, or suitcases. Please limit your hand-carry items to a small purse and plastic folder containing your application documents.
- Food or consumables. Drinking water is available in the waiting area.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters / other flammables.
- Sharp objects such as scissors, knives of any size or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive material of any kind.
Visitors who do not follow these instructions will experience considerable delays at the security check point, which could result in the appointment being cancelled.
Who can attend
Because of space limitations in our public waiting area, only those with an appointment will be admitted. Young children accompanying the person with an appointment can also come in, as can the parents or guardian of a minor who has an appointment, or the caregiver for a disabled person.