Security Regulations at U.S. Consular Facility
Entry to all U.S. government facilities is strictly controlled, similar to that encountered in international air travel.
Please do not bring the following items as there are no storage lockers at or near the embassy or consulate.
Please note that for security reasons, you cannot leave baggage or belongings of any kind on the sidewalk or in public areas adjacent to the Embassy.
You are allowed to bring the following items to the U.S. Embassy:
- One cellphone (which will be checked at the security gate)
- One set of remote car keys (which will be checked at the security gate)
- A purse or briefcase that can be carried by hand
- Clear plastic folders containing visa application-related papers
- Stroller, snacks, and a small diaper bag (for those with young children)
You are NOT allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, digital diaries, digital watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3’s, floppies, laptops, palmtops or portable music players.
- All large, bulky bags, such as travel bags, over the shoulder purses, backpacks, briefcases, or suitcases. Please limit your hand-carry items to a small purse and plastic folder containing your application documents.
- Any food or consumable. Drinking water is available.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
- Cigarettes / cigars / match boxes / lighters / other flammables.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, knives of any size or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive material of any kind.
The list provided above is not exhaustive. All persons and their belongings are subject to search. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion. There is no facility at the Embassy to store prohibited items.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the Embassy. Only visa applicants and ACS customers with scheduled interviews will be admitted. We are introducing these measures to reduce the amount of time applicants wait in line outside the Embassy.
The following persons may accompany a visa applicant to their interview:
- Interpreter: Immigrant Visa applicants may bring ONE interpreter if they do not speak English or Indonesian well enough to participate in an interview.
- Special Needs Visitors: Immigrant Visa applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child (under 16 years of age).